3 Pastas, 4 Ways
Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce
Macaroni with Mornay Sauce
3 PASTAS, 4 WAYS – TEST HIGHLIGHTS
– ingredients used to make dry Italian pasta
– ingredients used to make fresh pasta
– 3 or more ingredients used to make Asian pasta
– what is a mornay sauce more commonly known as?
– compare and contrast fresh Italian pasta and dry Italian pasta
– compare and contrast Italian dry pasta and Asian dry pasta
– describe the steps for cooking ½ pound of dry Italian pasta
– what would happen if you added oil to your pasta water
– how would you apply what know about cooking pasta to something like potatoes
– before you is a plate of pasta. Upon close inspection, you notice that some of the noodles are stuck together at the ends. What’s happened?
– before you is a plate of pasta. Upon close inspection, you notice that the sauce is pooling on the bottom of the plate instead of on the pasta itself. What’s happened?
– before you is a plate of pasta. Upon tasting the pasta, you notice that it is al dente. What’s happened?
– Kraft dinner is made from Italian-styled pasta noodles. They are dry, not fresh. Once you cook these noodles and add the packet of seasoning, the pasta becomes Kraft dinner. In 3-4 steps, how could you make a better cheese pasta?
– Your family has asked you to prepare a meal for the family and to use up the leftover linguini with clam sauce in the fridge. What would be the best way to reheat this pasta so that it was as good as when it was first made?