20% of your final mark
Due on, or before, Thursday, June 17
Beef and The Planet: A Research Report
Throughout our look at beef this semester, we’ve examined different kinds of beef, considered several cooking methods, and looked at a few specific recipes. Whenever we consider a protein source like fish, chicken or other kinds of meat, we really should look at both how it effects a menu, AND also look at how it effects the planet. In this project you will do just that. Creating a report, you will research the effects of beef consumption on the planet.
Types of report: 3 page essay OR on-line presentation (website/powerpoint/blog).
The following are required tasks
1. Determine one kind of beef you will examine for your report (e.g. veal, steer, bull, etc.)
2. Complete the on-line form about your chosen animal
3. Hand in a quick report on where your cattle is harvested, what season, and any specific impacts this animal has on the planet.
4. Complete the on-line form analyzing any alternatives to using beef
5. Collect 3 recipes that use beef, enter that information here
6. Hand in your final report